Friday, October 22, 2010

Checking In

Sadly, life demands that I limit this post to only a few lines.  Training last night was exceptional.  4 of us--2 new guys (1 within the last month, 1 within the last week), Andy and I.  Klint got the new guys working on basic threads and Jiu Jitsu 101, and gave Andy and I (a) a sickly awesome sweep to work, and (2) individualized recommendations for how to keep our guard.  It was basically half a private.  Then after, he rolled with both of us, Andy and I swapping out after 2 rounds each (ended up being something like 3-4 minutes on, same off).  I almost had Kilnt off balance once.  It was a big day.  So yes.  Excellent class, one of those days that makes me with I didn't have life and law school (which we all know bears not even a passing resemblance to life) sucking up my time.  Rehearsal dinner tonight for a friend, then open mat tomorrow morning, the wedding tomorrow.  Hopefully, I'll be able to use last night's revelations and get something down here afterwards.  Keep on keepin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment