Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Still Fighting It

It's going to be a short post....I've trained every day this week, which is a bump up for me.  Tonight we worked far-side armbars from side control again, including the wrist-wrap from last night.  This is probably my favorite new technique from the last month; this and the rolling back take could really turn into something.

I got to roll with Brady after class for a while, and that was entertaining.  He's a mongoose on speed with the second-best curled mustache I've seen.  He isn't the fastest or the most precise, but he's damned good.  I didn't get tapped, so I have that going for me.  But let's balance the scales:  I couldn't pass his guard, I struggled (with varying levels of success) to maintain posture, I got stuck on my knees more than once, and felt more like I was maintaining rather than attacking.

Again:  advances, none miraculous.  Just keep pushing to get mat time.  I'm wrecked right now, and need the sleep so I can go get some more time in tomorrow.  No rest for the wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment