Thursday, October 6, 2011

Official

I registered for the tournament in Chicago.  No backing out now.  Which is good, because the diet I've restricted myself to sucks.  I'm not much over, just a few pounds, but I don't want to have to bath in salt or wear mountain climbing gear in a sauna the day before.  So that's on.

I have two weddings this week, both Friday and Saturday, and a rehearsal dinner tonight, so I won't be able to train again until Saturday.  I front-loaded the week to balance it out, training Monday morning and evening, Tuesday lunch, and Wednesday morning.  I'm pretty lean and sore, but it appears to be paying off.  I had a few pretty good rolls with higher belts, lasting entirely too long and doing much more than surviving.  I was successfully attacking.  I didn't finish all of my attacks successfully, but that's the way it goes.  It's been something of a confidence booster.  I'm not letting myself think I'm better than I am; I still got wrecked on more than one occasion.  But I'm evolving.  And that is good.

I registered for both my weight division and absolute.  I told myself beforehand that I would do only my weight division.  But going to Chicago is a long way to go, and being guaranteed only one fight just wasn't enough for me.  So I'll have at the very least two (hopefully many more), and I'll be ridiculously tired that night.

Oh yeah, and this morning I found out that I passed the MN bar exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment