Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Hate Rules

Here are my matches:

Weight 1:


Weight 2:


Weight 3 (bronze medal match):


Absolute 1:


Absolute 2:



=========

I'm happy with where my jiu jitsu is, if not with my tournament performance.  I felt that if there were no governing rules or scoring system -- if this were a sub only tournament, for instance -- then I would have won every match.  I never felt out of my depth, I never felt sideways.  I was in a bad spot once or twice, but I never felt threatened.  And I didn't gas, which was a nice realization.  (Though I'm sure someone will tell me that it just means I wasn't working hard enough.  I will tell that person to pound sand, but that's a different post.)

So here's some more of my jiu jitsu.  Enjoi.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, oh lawyer-who-doesn't-like-rules.

    Hope the great gestation is going well, too :)

    ReplyDelete