Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This is going to be where I keep my notes about Jiu-Jitsu class. I'm a two-stripe white belt in the Dave Camarillo Jiu Jitsu System under Klint Klass in Minnesota. Klint is a black belt under Dave Camarillo, a phenomenal instructor, and a tough bastard on the mat.

What to expect:
- Definitely going to get some of my internal reflections about class and any training I do.
- Probably going to get some of my personal notes to remember things we worked in class.
- If this goes anything like my previous blogging efforts, it won't last a month; but i've stuck with jiu-jitsu for six so far, and all I want to do is keep training, so that's a good sign.

It's entirely possible that I'll be the only one to find this blog useful. If that's how it breaks down, I'm fine with that. However, I maintain some small hope that, in some way, it might be useful to someone else, be it other lower belts who love miserable company or instructors who want to refine their approach to teaching.

2 comments:

  1. I like it so far! Keep up the entertaining writing and you'll have plenty of readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - always good to come across blogs I haven't read before. I just did a big trawl through BJJ Grrl's excellent blogroll: looking forward to reading the rest of your site. :)

    Speaking of bloggers, I just set up a blogger map to help people meet up and train, if you're interested in being on it?

    ReplyDelete