Friday, July 1, 2011

Less Dammit

I went to class tonight, though I didn't participate.  Not really.  First off, Klint wasn't there, so no "class" per se was held.  Instead, the four guys who are testing for their promotion on Saturday showed up to drill through some of the techniques they recently went over in class.

I showed up for moral support.  I had to explain to my wife why I was taking my gi.  And assure her again and again (and that third time too) that I was not going to do anything that put my knee in jeopardy and definitely was not going to train.  In fact, I barely even demonstrated, asking JD to go through the movements as I described them.  Because I know he's good enough to do them, and our minds tend to work the same way when it comes to movement.

So they will test Saturday.  And I will be there, wishing I could push them harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment